Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23914 - 10/09/13 02:34 PM Regine Velasquez
Sandra Online
Admin

Loc: SCOTLAND
As Russell is singing a duet with Regine Velasquez on his new album 'Only One Man' I have started this thread for her.

Any information should be put here and not on Russell's 'Only One Man' Album thread.

This is her Blog and Facebook links and the Wikipedia link.

SONGBIRD BLOG

FACEBOOK

WIKIPEDIA

Sandra .
RussellWatsoninfo.co.uk

FAN SITE LINK
http://www.russellwatsoninfo.co.uk

TWITTER LINK
https://twitter.com/Russellfansite

#23925 - 10/11/13 09:26 AM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Sandra]
RoadCrew Offline

Just a quick update on Regine's "official" social media: This via Facebook overnight...

Hi.

Greetings from the Philippines!

I'm one of the Page Admin of Regine Velasquez's Official Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/RVFriendsOfficial)

You can send there your message, so that we forward it to Regine Velasquez. One of it's Page Admin is the road manager of Regine, who happens to be her sister. We just launched that Facebook Page in 2012.

You can also follow Regine's other social media accounts:
Twitter: @reginevalcasid
Instagram: @reginevalcasid
Information / data supplied in posts may not always be 'verified' but is always offered in good faith on the basis that sources appear genuine and reputable, and that the content is (usually) already in the public domain. smirk

#24024 - 10/21/13 02:19 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: RoadCrew]
ronie Offline

regine velasquez' recorded duets with other international artists:

it's hard to say goodbye with paul anka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJga_zrc8wY

more than words can say with david hasselhoff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8F15zTEUK4

#24672 - 12/04/13 01:55 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: ronie]
Songbird28 Offline

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/omgphnewsb...-022137550.html

Unforgettable Alicia-Regine duet goes viral
By Gerry Plaza | Thu, Nov 28, 2013 10:21 AM PHT

Alicia Keys and Regine Velasquez-Alcasid (Photo grab of YouTube video uploaded by Will Salas)

Blown away.

It’s as simple as that, watching Grammy Award-winning songwriter and vocalist Alicia Keys perform her signature song “If I Ain’t Got You” with Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez-Alcasid in a number so enthralling, it has become viral.

Who wouldn’t share this on their social networks, given the immense vocal chemistry both exuded? And to think, this was just their first time singing in one live performance, s without even a rehearsal or a sound check together at that!

Vocal dexterity

While you could see Alicia belting out her usual rendition of the song, Regine’s vocal dexterity so amazed her, the American artist upped the ante and matched her duet partner’s talent with her own play of vocal skills. What happened was something so unforgettable, even the unlucky ones who failed to watch the concert still felt the electricity and the goosebumps. It was as if they were at the MOA Arena last November 25.

Regine had covered the song many times in her Sunday variety show “SOP”, but this is when she really sang her best, because obviously, she was so excited performing it with the original singer and songwriter herself. What was nice about the experience was that Alicia appreciated and even admired Regine’s singing. Unlike other singers who would might feel challenged or upstaged, Alicia’s facial expressions showed she was truly impressed.

After all, Regine is not your instant singing sensation who just popped out of your YouTube player. Nearly three decades of an illustrious singing career more than prepared her for this moment, and the accolades she received after.

No one will be surprised if Alicia invites Regine again for one more collaboration, live in concert or perhaps in the studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFOJTKNUNE
Alicia Keys live in Manila 2013 "If I Ain't Got You" Feat Regine Velazquez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmz-yKBf2xE
Alicia keys If i ain't got you and no one live in manila

#24673 - 12/04/13 02:27 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

Regine Velasquez may be the country’s(Philippines) best singer (this is a fact – deal with it) but she proves that she’s humble enough to share the spotlight with others. Enjoyed her surprise duet with Alicia Keys during the international singer’s concert last Monday? Here are some more awesome Regine “duets.”

http://manila.coconuts.co/2013/11/27/8-great-regine-velasquez-duets
8 great Regine Velasquez duets

actually there's a lot more great duets of regine that they did not put in here smile

#24674 - 12/04/13 02:31 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/122929/knock-out-tunes-from-barbra-streisand-and-regine-velasquez

Knock-out tunes from Barbra Streisand and Regine Velasquez
By Rito P. Asilo
Philippine Daily Inquirer

Barbra Streisand is known for her outspoken nature and penchant for perfectionism—so, it comes as a big surprise to learn about her “debilitating” stage fright.

She finally opens up about this “affliction” in her knockout live album, “Back to Brooklyn,” which marks the first time she performed in her hometown since she began her ascent to superstardom in the ’50s.

She discloses, “In 1967, I did a concert in Central Park—a show that gave me such stage fright (because I forgot the lyrics to one of my songs) that I didn’t return to the concert stage for 27 years! I was drawn back to it because you guys make it truly gratifying. —Never say never, because it ain’t over till the fat lady sings—and I’m not that fat!”

In the album, Streisand’s legendary voice is still as technically exceptional as it is pitch-perfect, but her famous pipes are no longer as snag-free (“Didn’t We?”) as when she first sang her signature 1964 tune, “People,” on Broadway, in “Funny Girl.”

But, Streisand isn’t just a singer gifted with an exceptional voice. She “sells” her punchlines as proficiently as she champions her various advocacies.

After singing the opener, “As If We Never Said Goodbye,” she recalls, “The last time I sang solo here was on somebody’s stoop on Pulaski street—I was 8.”

When she isn’t giving you goosebumps for her stirring renditions of “The Way He Makes Me Feel,” “Evergreen,” “The Way We Were,” “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered” and “Make Our Garden Grow” (from “Candide,” with Italian operatic trio, Il Volo), or turning concertgoing into an edge-of-your-seat experience via her show-stopping medley from “Gypsy” and “Funny Girl,” she’ll bowl you over with revealing anecdotes about her storied career!

Backed by a 65-piece orchestra, the 71-year-old songstress retrofits the lyrics of Pinoy jukebox favorite, “Looking Through The Eyes Of Love” (from 1978’s “Ice Castles”), to pay homage to its songwriter, Marvin Hamlisch, who passed away last August.

But, the concert’s pièce de résistance is “How Deep Is The Ocean,” Barbra’s electrifying duet with her only son, Jason Gould—whose glorious voice made his mom gush all throughout the
number. He sounds like a lighter and more improvisational Josh Groban and a male version of Streisand herself, no kidding! (The concert’s DVD set has Gould singing “This Masquerade” and “Nature Boy,” and Barbra remembers Donna Summer, who succumbed to lung cancer last May, via “No More Tears.”)

The 46-year-old Gould asked his proud mom, “When I was a child, did we ever sing a song from anything you weren’t in?” Streisand winkingly quipped, “No—but, we did sing ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’ together!”

‘Hulog Ka Ng Langit’

Like Streisand, our country’s premier songstress, Regine Velasquez, also loves having her 2-year-old only son (with Ogie Alcasid), Nathaniel James, close by. Her chart-topping latest collection, “Hulog Ka Ng Langit,” is dedicated to Nate and her father, Mang Gerry, whom she refers to as “my mentor, teacher and Leader of the Band.”

The album’s 17-track repertoire is special not just for its seamlessly rendered covers (“Rainbow Connection,” “Someone’s Waiting For You,” “Tomorrow,” Danny Javier’s “Pag-ibig”), but also for the torch-passing poignancy conveyed in the songs, as well as the photo album that comes with it. Just looking at a beaming Mang Gerry lying beside his wide-eyed apo, and Nate “tickling” the piano beside his busy dad will make you feel warm and fuzzy.

Regine performs two tunes from PhilPop, Marlon Barnuevo’s “Araw, Ulap, Langit,” and Lara Maigue’s “Sa ‘Yo Na Lang Ako,” which sounds lovelier with the songbird’s steady, sturdy vocals. Then, she shares Bruno Mars’ “Just The Way You Are” with Ogie.

The hefty collection’s soothing tunes (Aaron Paul del Rosario’s “My Child” and the radio-friendly title track) brim with maternal pride and joy—but, the seasoned singer appropriately reserves her highest and longest notes for Jude Gitamondoc’s “Nathaniel (Gift of God).”

Another irresistible treat: Regine’s breathtaking cover of Gary Valenciano’s Christmas lullaby, “Hele Ni Inay”—a suitable companion piece to 1991’s “Sa Ugoy Ng Duyan” (from her third album, “Tagala Talaga”), and a glowing reminder of a mother’s abiding love and affection!

Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/122929...z#ixzz2lT8XnQZh
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Edited by Songbird28 (12/04/13 02:32 PM)

#24675 - 12/04/13 02:48 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

GMA Network, Nov. 29, 2013

Regine Velasquez dedicates 'Hulog Ka ng Langit' album to son Nate and 'Yolanda' victims

Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez pays tribute to her awe-inspiring love for Nathaniel James (or simply Nate) through her new album Hulog Ka ng Langit.

Its carrier single of the same title speaks of how long the 43-year-old singer-actress waited to have her own child with husband Ogie Alcasid.

The album is even filled with lots of happy family photos of the Alcasids.

“I’ve included a lot of love songs. Pero yung love songs dedicated pa rin kay Nate kasi pwede naman. Pero kung ‘di ka mommy, wala kang anak, makaka-relate ka pa rin.”

Other notable tracks in the 17-cut album are "Rainbow Connection," "My Child," "Pag-ibig," "Happiness," "Someone’s Waiting for You," and "God Gave Me You."

NATE’S APPRECIATION FOR MUSIC. When asked about her experiences while recording the album, Regine admitted that what she loves most about the project is that her son actually appreciates the songs she dedicated to him.

Apparently, Regine’s beautiful singing voice is what lulls Nate to sleep at night.

“He would really listen to music. This album is his favorite kasi nung ginagawa ko, 'pag nagpo-produce ako ng album - I have to listen over and over.

“Nagkakataon na nandu'n siya lagi. So, pag gusto niya matulog, sasabihin niya, ‘Mom, sing!’ Tapos patutugtugin na namin. Minsan five songs or kahit tatlo lang, borlogey [tulog] si bagets.”

As early as now, Regine is amazed by how fast her son is growing up and discovering things on his own.

“He's only two pero I can see na mas may appreciation siya ngayon sa laruan, sa food, even sa mga colors. Du'n naman nagstart, siyempre sa music. 'Yun ang nakakatuwa kasi baby pa lang siya meron na siyang gano’n.”

Whether or not Nate would choose to become a singer just like his parents is still far down the road.

But, what’s evident now is Nate’s keen interest towards the weather channel.

“Hindi ko alam. He can be whatever he wants to be. Right now, he's so fascinated with the weather channel. Ang tawag niya, widor.

“Ewan ko, pero gustong-gusto niya yung weather channel. And he's always there. Pag nanonood kami papalitan niya. Sasabihin niya, ‘Widor! Widor!’ Ewan ko sa kanya,” Regine cheerfully relates.

YOLANDA VICTIMS. Aside from Nate, Regine has also dedicated Hulog Ka ng Langit to victims of super typhoon Yolanda (international code name: Haiyan).

Part of the proceeds of the album will be donated as typhoon aid via Philippine Red Cross.

Regine notes that it’s quite ironic that Nate’s birthday fell on the same day Yolanda made landfall in Central Visayas last November 8.

As a mom, Regine emphatizes with parents who were separated from their children at the peak of the calamity.

“Kasi pag may ganitong trahedya, laging na-a-affect yung mga bata.

“Sila yung maliliit. 'Pag nagkakagulo na, sila yung nahihiwalay sa 'yo.

“Since I’m a mom, parang yung anak ko nga pawisan lang yung ulo, lagnatin lang ng konti, natataranta na ako.

“Ang hirap to be a mommy and be separated with your kids. I’m sure sa mga daddy rin.

“Hindi nga ako nakakapanood ng footages na mayroong mga bata na nahihiwalay sa magulang. Hindi ko kinakaya.”

CALL FOR HELP. As previously reported on PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal), Regine engaged in various outreach events in order to raise funds for Yolanda relief and rehabilitation efforts.

Apart from her online charity auction, Regine is also planning to visit Villamor Air Base at Pasay City to personally extend aid to displaced residents from Leyte and other typhoon-hit areas.

“Yung mga nasa Villamor airbase, meron silang parang ‘Adopt a Day’ program. Anybody can do that. You feed them three times a day.

“My sisters and I are planning to do that, tapos konting pagpasaya sa kids, kasi they’re traumatized.

“So I wanna get toys. Kung may kakilala kayong may lumang toys, you can bring it there.

“It doesn’t have to be me. You can go there and set up a soup kitchen kasi continuous ang pagdating ng tao.

“Meron atang 10 tents na nandu'n [para sa mga typhoon victims] pinapakain everyday. Maraming food. But I also need volunteers.”

Regine adds that she plans to go there as soon as she gets a free schedule since she’s busy with promo tours for her album.

“Definitely one of these days, pupunta kami du'n. Yung sister ko bumili ng coloring books sa Divisoria para maaliw yung mga bata.” -- Christine Denny, PEP

#24676 - 12/04/13 02:49 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/123479/regine-no-1-overall

Phil. Daily Inquirer, Dec. 2, 2013

Regine, No. 1 overall

Top-selling albums for the week Nov. 18-24, based on Odyssey Music & Video’s nationwide sales reports:

Overall (Local and international)
1) Regine Velasquez, “Hulog Ka ng Langit,” Universal Records;
2) Various Artists, “Maximum Christmas Dance Party,” Ivory Music;
3) Juris, “Dreaming of You,” Star Records;
4) Various Artists, “Non-Stop Pilipino Christmas Medley: Aming Bati,” Able Music;
5) Various Artists, “Ultimate Christmas Party,” Able;
6) EXO, “Growl,” Universal;
7) Various Artists, “Paskong Pinoy Klasiks: Non-Stop Christmas Medley,” Ivory;
8) Various Artists, “Pure Christmas,” Sony Music;
9) Jose Mari Chan, “Christmas in Our Hearts,” Universal;
10) Avril Lavigne, “Avril Lavigne,” Sony

OPM (Organization of Philippine Music )
1) Regine Velasquez, “Hulog Ka ng Langit”;
2) Various Artists, “Maximum Christmas Dance Party”;
3) Juris, “Dreaming of You”;
4) Various Artists, “Non-Stop Pilipino Christmas Medley: Aming Bati”;
5) Various Artists, “Ultimate Christmas Party”;
6) Various Artists, “Paskong Pinoy Klasiks: Non-Stop Christmas Medley”;
7) Jose Mari Chan, “Christmas in Our Hearts”;
8) Various Artists, “Whoops Kirri! Merry Christmas,” Vicor Music;
9) Gloc-9, “Liham at Lihim,” Universal;
10) Various Artists, “Whoops Kirri! Christmas,” PolyEast Records

Edited by Songbird28 (12/04/13 02:51 PM)

#24677 - 12/04/13 03:06 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://youtu.be/Gsaopg6xxKw
Regine Velasquez -"Hulog ka ng Lanhit" Album Preview

#25041 - 01/31/14 05:41 AM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://instagram.com/p/j0EygjhM8C/#

Regine Velasquez was invited by Claude Michael Schonberg for dinner. prior to that dinner, Schonberg invited regine to watch DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING Concert at resorts world where schonberg is one of the main artist... schonberg wanted to meet Regine 'coz Schonbergnberg is the composer of "live with somebody you love" a duet with russell watson.

Edited by Songbird28 (01/31/14 05:43 AM)

#25070 - 02/04/14 01:22 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2014/02/04/1286328/regines-dad-mang-gerry-dies-sleep
Regine’s dad Mang Gerry dies in sleep
FUNFARE By Ricky Lo (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 4, 2014 - 12:00am

The Songbird has just lost the wind beneath her wings.

At around 1:30 yesterday afternoon, Regine Velasquez’s father Gerardo Velasquez, fondly known as Mang Gerry in showbiz, died in his sleep at the hospital where he was rushed due to an emergency. Doctors said he died of cardiac arrest. He was 76.

“It was unexpected,” said Regine’s husband, Ogie Alcasid of Mang Gerry’s demise, even if he was suffering from a recurring pneumonia that required surgery last year, prompting Regine to post a petition on her Instagram for one million prayers for Mang Gerry’s speedy recovery.

Regine was not at her father’s side when he died. Usually on time for appointments, Regine arrived more than an hour late at Sir Boy’s Republique restaurant for a pocket presscon for her and Martin Nievera’s Voices of Love Valentine concert on Feb. 14 at the SM Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena.

“She was upbeat when she arrived,” recalled Aster Amoyo, one of the movie writers at the presscon, “at parang masaya pa siya. She was apologizing profusely for being late because she said she had just come from the hospital to check on her father.”

Asked how Mang Gerry was, Regine only said, “He’s okay.”

It was at around that time that Mang Gerry breathed his last, which coincided with the birthday of his other daughter Cacai Velasquez-Mitra. Regine had to rush back to the hospital.

Besides pneumonia, Mang Gerry also suffered from emphysema.

“Actually, he was already getting better after the surgery,” added Ogie who had to cut short the rehearsal for his own Valentine concert (Feb. 13, 14 and 15) Samahang Walang Ka-Valentine at the Music Museum and went to the hospital. Mang Gerry was brought to the hospital also for his regular check-up. Ogie said Mang Gerry suffered severe stomach pains.

Mang Gerry was staying at the house of Cacai and her husband Raul Mitra during part of his treatment. Regine and Ogie’s house in Ayala Heights is undergoing repairs due to some leaks.

Mang Gerry was a quiet stage father, so unlike the parents of some showbiz stars who are notorious for taking center stage. He was self-effacing, preferring to stay in the sidelines when he attended Regine’s activities. He was soft-spoken, remaining quiet on issues involving Regine and only smiled when asked for his opinion. That’s why he was well-loved by industry guys.

It was Mang Gerry who trained Regine by making her sing while submerged neck-deep in the sea. A music-lover who was fond of singing Frank Sinatra songs, Mang Gerry would lead the family in singing sessions at home, with his wife Teresita on the guitar.

Mang Gerry was Regine’s hero, the wind beneath her wings.

According to Ogie, starting today, Mang Gerry’s remains will be at the Manila Memorial Park in Plaridel, Bulacan, giving this direction: From Manila, take NLEX exit to Sta. Rita, Bulacan; 500 meters from the exit, you will see the main entrance of MMP near Petron Gas station. Interment date hasn’t been announced.

The Velasquezes are from Barangay Tabang in Plaridel.

Edited by Songbird28 (02/04/14 01:26 PM)

#25071 - 02/04/14 02:05 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/regine-velasquez-dad-passes-away-192100590.html

Regine Velasquez’s dad passes away
Manila Bulletin – 18 hours ago

Manila, Philippines - Singer Regine Velasquez Alcasid’s father, Gerardo “Mang Gerry” Velasquez, passed away yesterday afternoon at The Medical City in Pasig City due to cardiac arrest. He was 76.

Velasquez was at a press conference for her Valentine’s Day concert “Voices of Love” when she got the news. She came late to the interview but only said there was an “emergency” she attended to. The singer revealed later that they had brought Gerardo to the hospital though there was nothing to worry about as “he was due for check-up anyway, napaaga lang.”

Regine posted about her father’s death on Instagram. She wrote: “The leader of the band, Mang Gerry, joined his creator 1:39 pm today. Thank you for praying for him during all these time that he has been fighting for his life. God bless you all.”

Mang Gerry had been in and out of the hospital since last year when he underwent surgery. He was able to spend the holidays at home with his family. The patriarch is survived by his wife Teresita Velasquez and Regine’s siblings, including singer-turned-manager Cacai Velasquez.

Fans and friends, including co-artists, offered their condolences to the singer and her family, particularly on Twitter.

Jaya Ramsey Gotidoc: “Paalam po Mang Gerry...di po namin kayo malilimutan.”

Ryan Cayabyab: “@reginevalcasid my heartfelt condolences.”

On Facebook, Lea Salonga wrote: “Rest in peace, Mang Gerry. I will always remember you as a fixture by Reg’s side at gigs from when we were young ones in the biz. Always present, forever supportive. I don’t think of Reg without thinking of you. To Ogie and Regine, you are in our prayers and we send hugs to you and your family.”

Mang Gerry was more than a father to Regine. He trained the singer in her youth, including the technique of immersing herself in water to build lung power. He was always present in Regine’s shows and even picked some of her winning songs in amateur singing contests that eventually paved the way to stardom. (With a report from Reggee Bonoan)

#25072 - 02/04/14 02:09 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://www.mb.com.ph/the-wind-in-regine-velasquezs-wings/
The wind in Regine Velasquez’s wings
by Jojo Panaligan
February 4, 2014

Singer Regine Velasquez-Alcasid and her family are mourning the demise of patriarch Gerardo ‘Mang Gerry’ Velasquez whose greatest legacy is her daughter’s singing prowess.

More than just inheriting the talent, Mang Gerry had molded Regine’s singing style and skills. He developed her lung power by immersing the singer neck-deep in water while vocalizing when she was young. At a time when few singers could hit the highest of notes, Mang Gerry apparently already saw her daughter’s potentials and the “niche” she would eventually rule. In an interview with Regine years ago, she disclosed that Mang Gerry only allowed her to taste ice cream when she hit her teens—and just for her to be able to claim that she had done so.

Mang Gerry had helped Regine choose some of her competition songs on “Ang Bagong Kampeon,” the 80’s TV talent search that launched her into stardom. The song choice that got her on the show, “Saan Ako Nagkamali,” was said to have been suggested by Mang Gerry. Even her winning song at the Asia Pacific Song Festival in 1989 – “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from “Carousel” – was one of Mang Gerry’s favorite songs.

In her albums, the first time Regine had saluted Mang Gerry was when she included “Ebb Tide” – popularized by Frank Sinatra and later the Righteous Brothers, both of which are favorite artists by Regine’s dad – in her eponymous debut album. Mang Gerry used to sing “Ebb Tide” to Regine when she was a little girl.

Interestingly, Regine had never recorded a duet with Mang Gerry for inclusion to any of her studio albums. The only family member she has had one was with her sister Cacai Velasquez (“Perry’s Will”) and her mother, Teresita Velasquez (“Dance With Me”). Nevertheless, Regine would always dedicate the Dan Fogelberg song “Leader Of The Band” to her father in special production numbers on TV, and even during her “Silver” concert in 2012 where she ended up singing it to him onstage and in tears because her voice failed her that night due to a throat condition.

The singer had included her version of the song in her album “Low Key.” In introducing the song in one her performances on defunct Sunday variety show “SOP,” the singer referred to Mang Gerry as her “superhero, barkada, and mentor.” She also referred to Mang Gerry as “leader of the band” in posting about her father’s death on Instagram last Monday.

It is this training and discipline that continue to serve Regine in good stead. In her most recent interview for her concert with Martin Nievera dubbed “Voices Of Love” at the Mall of Asia Arena set for Feb. 14, the singer said that she still sings her hits from way back in original key. Produced by Starmedia Entertainment, Regine had hoped for Mang Gerry to watch the show though she did admit at the time that he was feeling “weak…but nothing to worry about.” Shortly after the press conference, Regine rushed to Medical City Hospital where Mang Gerry passed away.

Part of the proceeds of “Voices of Love” will go to a charitable institution. It is expected that Regine would include a song in the repertoire in tribute of Mang Gerry.

#25073 - 02/04/14 02:16 PM Re: Regine Velasquez [Re: Songbird28]
Songbird28 Offline

http://www.mb.com.ph/three-things-regine-velasquez-wishes-for-this-valentines-day/

Three things Regine Velasquez wishes for this Valentine’s Day
by Bhenj Agustin
January 22, 2014

Aside from the roses and gifts that Regine Velasquez gets every Valentine’s Day from her husband, singer Ogie Alcasid, there are three things she wishes to do on the Day of Hearts when she holds her concert “Voices Of Love” with Martin Nievera at the SM Mall of Asia Arena.

First on the list is to see her father, Mang Gerry, in the audience. Regine’s dad was hospitalized late last year due to failing health but he is said to be recuperating.

“He’s doing very well though still a little weak. By God’s grace, I’m hoping na he’d be able to watch the concert. Kasi last year, nandun siya eh, tapos sa concert ni Ogie ay nandun din niya. After kasi ng concert ni Ogie ay ‘yun ‘yung nagkasakit na siya so I’m hoping na itong Valentine’s Day, he’d be able to watch…” Regine said in an interview.

Mang Gerry is Regine’s mentor when it comes to singing. He coaches her on singing techniques and trained her to breathe for singing. He used to help choose the songs that had won trophies for her in singing contests. It is said that Mang Gerry had watched almost every show her daughter had done in the three decades she’s been professional.

The second thing Regine wants to do is sing live the special PLDT Gabay Guro tribute song she recorded titled “Believing in Me.” Considering the song as her gift to teachers, “Believing In Me” mirrors a heart of gratefulness for them, the unsung heroes. The video dedicating the song to the teachers kicked off PLDT Gabay Guro’s ceremonies at the Arena last October. It was also played at the mini-tribute concert to over 5,000 teachers in the event called “Pahalipay sa Bohol.”

“Lahat tayo, malaki ang utang na loob natin sa mga teachers bilang sila yung mga pangalawang magulang natin. Five days in a week, sila ang kasama natin. At etong song na ito, hindi siya pang one time lang na pagkarecord tapos na. Parang advocacy ko na din ito sa kanila…”

PLDT Gabay Guro will soon donate eight classrooms in Tacloban City and Palo Leyte. Recall that last month, they donated classrooms in the towns of Play, Cortes and Tagbilaran in Bohol.

Then Regine looks forward to her time with Ogie after the concert. She said that he always tells her about his day which almost always consists of funny anecdotes.

“Every time galing yan sa taping or wherever, kinukuwento niya sa akin yung mga nakakatawang ginawa niya, kinakabisado talaga niya. Ganun siya and we’re like that.”

Moderator:  admin, Sonnie